REL Midwest is administered by American Institutes for Research (AIR). Established in 1946, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance, both domestically and internationally, in the areas of health, education, and workforce productivity.
Within the United States and internationally, AIR strives to be the preeminent organization that:
- Produces improvements in education, health, and the workforce
- Addresses the needs of individuals, organizations, and communities
- Designs and advances statistical and research methods
- Causes practitioners and organizations to adopt evidence-based practices
- Informs public understanding and policymaking by the best evidence
AIR’s mission is to conduct and apply the best behavioral and social science research and evaluation toward improving peoples’ lives, with a special emphasis on the disadvantaged.